Since 1960 • Medical • Surgical • Laboratory • Respiratory • Veterinary • Rehab • Home Health Care
- Primary Care: Physicians, Clinics, Outpatient and Ambulatory Care Centers (45%)
- Alternate Care: EMS, Veterinary Medicine, Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine, Businesses, Industry, Schools, and Allied Health Professionals (15%)
- Home Health Care: Consumers, Home Medical Equipment Providers (15%)
- Hospitals: Acute Care, Sub-Acute Facilities, Mental Health (15%)
- Long Term Care: Nursing Facilities, Hospices, Home Health Agencies (10%)
- Diagnostic Equipment & Supplies: BP, Cardio, Dopplers, Monitors, Otoscopes/Ophthalmoscopes, Oximetry, Pulmonary Function, Scales, Stethoscopes
- Disability & Condition Management: Catheters & Urologicals, Incontinence, Mastectomy, Maternity & Lactation, Nutritional, Ostomy, Respiratory, Support Hose
- Exam Room Equipment & Supplies: Cabinets, Chairs, Lights, Paper Goods, Stools, Stretchers, Tables
- Health & Wellness: Breast Cancer Awareness, Ear & Eye Check, Exercisers, Home BP, Home Scales, Medical Alert, Pedometers
- Laboratory: Centrifuges, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Microscopes, Rapid Diagnostics, Reagents, Specimen Collection, Urinalysis
- Mobility & Access: ADLs, Canes, Crutches, Lift Chairs, Scooters, Stair Elevator & Ramps, Walkers, Wheelchairs
- Nursing Care: Positioning, Skin & Personal Care, Suction, Temperature Therapy, Trach
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine: Boots & Shoes, Braces, Collars, Fracture Management, Kinesio Tapes, Splints, Supports
- Procedures & Treatment: Emergency & Trauma, Injectables, Irrigation, IV, Surgical Instruments, Syringes & Needles
- Recovery & Convalescence: Bed Alarms, Bed Rails, Beds & Mattresses, Commode Chairs, Patient Lifts, Trapeze Bars
- Safety & Protection: Bathroom Safety, CPR Devices, Gloves, Masks & Eyewear, Protective Apparel, Sharps, Sterilization & Disinfection, Waste Bags
- Uniforms & Scrubs: Dresses & Jumpsuits, Jackets, Lab Coats, Scrub Pants, Scrub Tops
- Wound Care: Bandages, Dressings, First Aid Supplies, Sutures, Tapes, Wound Cleansers
We understand the wide range of products that diverse healthcare customers need, while buying directly from major manufacturers enables us to offer the most competitive prices. Anything not in our large inventory can be obtained quickly from among our 600+ vendors. Experienced staff with in-depth product knowledge is available any way you want it: toll-free lines for personal contact, e-mail, live chat during business hours or fax.
How we got here ...
Now into the fourth generation, independently owned and locally controlled, Grogan's was founded by the grandfather and father of the current president. In our third location since 1960, now with 44 employees and a 68,000 square feet facility including a 6,000 square foot showroom that is located near the heart of Lexington and the University of Kentucky, Grogan's is one of the largest and oldest surviving independent distributors to multiple market healthcare customers in the United States.
Throughout our history, Grogan's has enjoyed success because of a few simple things:
- We have kept talented, honest people that have extensive knowledge and experience
- Our talented people have earned the trust and confidence of customers in allowing us to help them care for their patients or family members.
- Integrity in daily decisions supports both our staff and our customers and keeps us out of trouble with the government and our shareholders.
The Inevitable Mission Statement
Mission statements are a dime a dozen and too often are loaded with goals not remotely evident in daily operations. We think ours focuses on what we bring to all our customer relationships. Our mission is:
- To optimize our role as the link between healthcare products and those that use them
- To market the highest quality and most cost effective array of healthcare products
- To coordinate the resources necessary to deliver service levels that will not compromise the quality of care that patients and consumers deserve
- All at a price consistent with the value delivered and the profit level required to sustain a rewarding and responsible working environment for our staff
By the Numbers ...
- Our one and only location: 38.03815 degrees North latitude, 84.515753 degrees West longitude (click to locate on Google Maps)
- Employees -- 42, average length of service over 20 years
- Retail and office space -- 16,000 square feet
- Distribution Center space -- 52,000 square feet
- Account Managers/Outside Sales -- 5
- Credit Rating -- Excellent, we pay all bills on time and take all discounts available.
- Federal ID number -- available upon valid request
- KY Sales Tax exemption -- available upon valid request
- KY and TN Wholesale Drug License -- available upon valid request