For our long-time customers that thought they might never see our long-anticipated web site update, we are pleased to say that the day has arrived. Low-end web sites may be available on most street corners, but flexible, powerful, scalable sites with the expected e-commerce functions are neither quick nor simple, even with big budgets (which we haven't had). Now with a talented local web development firm (eLink Design), grogans.com is ready to introduce our new site with its considerable improvements.
We hope that all our web customers, whether long-time or one-time, will see the benefits of this enhanced web platform. There will be some immediate improvements in e-commerce, but more importantly we are ready to begin building out with broader and deeper product content. We encourage feedback on anything you like or don't like and on what further improvements you would like to see. And please bear with us and let us know about any typos, formatting issues, or functional problems.
Highlights of our new site include:
- Shop immediately from our home page with expandable categories.
- Streamlined, simpler navigation throughout site.
- All customers can register and utilize our templates for reorders based on their prior history, or you can continue to browse or order as an unregistered "guest".
- Saved Lists - create and manage multiple "saved lists" of products for different departments or buyers or categories.
- Order History - search and filter your order history with Grogan's going back 24 months, including all orders placed via web, phone, fax, or other methods.
- Backorders - updated listing of any current backorders and expected receipt dates (estimated when available based on order cycles and lead times from predictable vendors).
- Bill-To/Ship-To - easier management of ordering by Bill-To or Ship-To.
- Stock Items and Best Sellers - filter product listings returned from category and keyword or number searches based upon normal stock status or items that are our best sellers.
- Order Approvals/Gatekeeper - allow ship-to locations to order subject to home office approval approval
Increased Product Information (a work in progress in perpetuity)
- Multiple Images Supported
- Video Files supported
- MSDS sheets available
- Manufacturer Brochures in pdf format
- Repository for other information and document types